Welcome to EVD
The British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy is delighted to invite you to join us at the European Summit on Vaccines and Diagnostics in AMR. Through plenary, parallel and workshop presentations we will explore the essential and potential role of vaccines and diagnostics in reducing antimicrobial resistance through infection prevention, targeted treatments and improved patient outcomes.
The meeting will be of interest to all involved in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious disease, as well as those working in vaccines and diagnostics development. We look forward to engaging with scientists, clinicians, pharmacists, nurses, microbiologists, regulators, commercial partners and many more at what will be a landmark event in the AMR calendar.
Dr Nick Brown,
Consultant Microbiologist, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Dr Andrew Riordan,
Consultant in Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Alder Hey, Children’s Hospital, Liverpool.
Dr Till Bachmann,
Reader in Personalised Medicine in Infectious Diseases and Deputy Head of Division of Infection and Pathway Medicine, University of Edinburgh.
Key themes and presentations will include:
– Diagnostic solutions for AMR – identifying unmet clinical needs
– AMR Rapid Diagnostic Tests: Needs, target product profiles and technologies
– Reducing antibiotic usage through routine vaccination programmes
– Rapid surveillance systems in emergency situations: The Zika Experience
– Pneumococcal vaccine programme (Gates Foundation)
– AMR game changers: next generation vaccines and diagnostics
– Vaccine access and uptake: the global challenge
– Antimicrobial susceptibility testing – then, now and the future
– Optimal use of routine diagnostics
Antimicrobial Susceptibility User Day
The EVD 2017 Conference will incorporate the BSAC Antimicrobial Susceptibility testing workshop on the afternoon of Day 1.
Delegates wishing to just attend this workshop can register just for the afternoon of Day 1 which will incorporate this workshop. Delegates will be able to gain entry into the conference from 1425 onwards and are invited to the evenings drinks and networking opportunities.